Law Office of Joseph T. O'Connor | Stamford, Connecticut
When the time comes to make legal decisions that affect your family, you want to know you have a seasoned, knowledgeable Fairfield County family lawyer on your side. At the Law Office of Joseph T. O'Connor in Stamford, our team is experienced in helping clients resolve their family law matters. We stand ready to help you.
Click on our team members' names to learn more about their credentials.
A native of Troy, New York, Joseph T. O'Connor earned his bachelor's degree from Siena College in 1982 and his law degree from the Quinnipiac University School of Law in 1985. He was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in 1985, the New York Bar in 1986 and the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1991.
Following law school, Attorney O'Connor served as Law Clerk to Hon. A. Dupont, Chief Judge, Appellate Court, State of Connecticut, from 1985 to 1986. From 1986 to 1987 he was law clerk to Hon. W. C. Bieluch, Appellate Court, State of Connecticut. Attorney O'Connor has been in private practice since 1987. He has dedicated his legal career exclusively to family law.
- Connecticut, 1985
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1991
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law, 1985
- Editorial Board Member, University of Bridgeport Law Review, 1984 to 1985
- B.A., Sienna College, 1982
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer at National Business Institute
- "Business Valuations in Divorce"
- "Tax Consideration in Divorce"
- "Child Custody and Visitation"
- Special Master for the Regional Family Trial Court, Middletown, CT (2002) and the Family Division of the Superior Courts in Stamford (1992) and Danbury (2002)
- Participant in the Guardian Ad Litem / Attorney for Minor Children Training Seminar (Fall 2011)
Carley Tankoos joined our firm in January of 2005. Her responsibilities include paralegal work and office administration. Prior to joining us, she worked as a family law litigation paralegal in Greenwich for 10 years. Carley was also a certified medical assistant in Greenwich for more than 15 years prior to her legal career. Carley enjoys putting things in order — a valuable trait which improves one's ability to navigate successfully through the legal process.
Marisa Mazzeo joined our firm in October of 2004. She is an experienced litigation paralegal with 20 years of experience in both family law and general litigation. She is organized and professional and contributes much to the congenial atmosphere in the office. Marisa provides clients with the confidence that their matter is being handled properly.
Contact the Law Office of Joseph T. O'Connor today
If you require the advice of a seasoned Connecticut family law attorney, the Law Office of Joseph T. O'Connor in Stamford can help. Call us at 203.356.0001 or contact us online today.